These very vanilla pudding cookies might be the best cookies I’ve ever made. They might be the best cookies I’ve ever eaten… and I’ve eaten my fair share of cookies. And maybe yours.
These cookies are light and fluffy, with a perfect vanilla flavor. I love it when I can’t decide if a cookie tastes better hot from the oven or on the second day. When still warm they tasted like the cookie form of vanilla pudding. I prefer my vanilla pudding warm like the way my mom used to make it when I was a kid.
Once upon a time I wanted to make vanilla pudding all by myself. That’s when I learned the very valuable lesson that you have to follow a recipe, and that it really does make a difference what order the ingredients go in. Read: don’t add eggs to a warm mixture… unless you want scrambled eggs in your pudding. I’ll never forget that.
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy; gently beat in eggs.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and vanilla pudding mix in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes.