I thought about calling these “Not Your Mother’s” Cookie Bark… get it? (Mother’s® Cookies?) No?
After making my White Chocolate Cookie Truffles last week, I was left with half a box of vanilla wafer cookies and half a package of vanilla almond bark. As I was skimming for more ingredients I saw a bag of Circus Animal Cookies, and the light bulb went off.
I think those cookies are universally nostalgic. Growing up we always had homemade cookies around the house… so much so that it almost felt like a treat to eat these “store bought” cookies.
Who doesn’t love a no bake recipe? Even better that there are only three ingredients! I’m not going to give measurements, because you really have to judge for yourself how much you want to make.
Circus Animal Cookie Bark
- Vanilla wafer cookies chopped
- Vanilla almond bark melted
- Rainbow nonpareils
- Arrange the nonpareils into a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat the almond bark in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Pour on top of the sprinkles and smooth out with a spoon to desired thickness.
- Top with chopped vanilla wafer cookies.
- Place in the refrigerator until the almond bark hardens.
- Remove and chop into pieces as desired.