I thought about calling these “Not Your Mother’s” Cookie Bark… get it? (Mother’s® Cookies?) No?
After making my White Chocolate Cookie Truffles last week, I was left with half a box of vanilla wafer cookies and half a package of vanilla almond bark. As I was skimming for more ingredients I saw a bag of Circus Animal Cookies, and the light bulb went off.
I think those cookies are universally nostalgic. Growing up we always had homemade cookies around the house… so much so that it almost felt like a treat to eat these “store bought” cookies.
Who doesn’t love a no bake recipe? Even better that there are only three ingredients! I’m not going to give measurements, because you really have to judge for yourself how much you want to make.
- Vanilla wafer cookies chopped
- Vanilla almond bark melted
- Rainbow nonpareils
- Arrange the nonpareils into a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat the almond bark in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Pour on top of the sprinkles and smooth out with a spoon to desired thickness.
- Top with chopped vanilla wafer cookies.
- Place in the refrigerator until the almond bark hardens.
- Remove and chop into pieces as desired.