These three ingredient Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels are so easy and so delicious. This savory, cheesy, tangy recipe is so versatile and is perfect as an appetizer, party food, or brunch dish. This is a sponsored post on behalf of @JimmyDean.
James and I went to a party a year or so ago and they served this sausage and cream cheese breakfast casserole that was amazing. When I asked for the recipe, I couldn’t believe it was only three simple ingredients!
These Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels are a play on that breakfast casserole. One thing I love about this recipe, aside from it being SO easy, is that it is also so versatile. You can bake it up as a casserole dish (like my Breakfast Cheesecake), in little cups (like my Pumpkin Cheesecake Rolls), or shape them into rounds like I did this time.
My family likes heat, so I make this recipe most often with spicy sausage. I always keep a roll or two of Jimmy Dean® Fresh Roll Sausage in my refrigerator. You can find Jimmy Dean® Fresh Roll Sausage in a variety of flavors, including Maple and Spicy, in the refrigerated section at your local Walmart.
Because Isabella is allergic to beef, I like to use Jimmy Dean® Pork Roll Sausage in a variety of recipes- like my Parmesan and Sausage Bolognese. Roll sausage is versatile for many types of recipes and so easy to prepare. (Sausage and Bean Spinach Dip is another appetizer favorite.) High quality, premium ingredients, and a special blend of seasonings makes Jimmy Dean® Fresh Roll Sausage a product I trust. Of course, the down-home taste of fresh pork sausage is also delicious in your standard biscuits and gravy recipe!
These Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels are perfect for a crowd and can be made ahead of time. Make individual servings as an appetizer, or leave it all as one and serve for brunch as a breakfast casserole!
- 1 tube seamless dough
- 1 roll Jimmy Dean® Fresh Roll Sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Fully cook the sausage until brown and crumbly. Drain and return to the pan.
- Combine the cream cheese with the meat over low heat until just incorporated. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven according to the package of seamless dough. (350 or 375 depending on the pan you use.)
- Unroll the seamless dough and spread the cooled meat mixture.
- Roll the dough into a log shape and slice into eight equal pinwheels.
- Place the pinwheels on a baking sheet (or pan of choice) and bake for 10-13 minutes, until pinwheels are golden brown.
Be sure to look for an Ibotta offer – purchase TWO rolls of Jimmy Dean® sausage and earn $1.00