This Lemon Pound Cake is the perfect combination of slightly sweet pound cake with a thick drizzle of lemon glaze. Serve for dessert or Easter brunch!
Can you tell I am ready for spring?! I’m pretty tired of the below freezing days here in Texas, though not quite ready for the 100+ temps either. Lemon Pound Cake is right where I want to be- sunny, breezy, warm, spring!
My grandmother used to make a lemon cake recipe every year for my grandfather’s birthday and I grew up believing that lemon cake was his favorite. It wasn’t until recently that I learned he actually loves chocolate and that lemon bundt cake was actually my grandmother’s favorite! Haha!
Like most easy pound cake recipes, this Lemon Pound Cake takes minutes to throw together and about an hour to bake. Perfect to put in the oven during dinner and then drizzle with lemon icing just before serving. This easy lemon cake would be a wonderful spring birthday cake or addition to your Easter celebration. I may or may not like to enjoy a big, thick slice of this pound cake with my morning coffee. (Seriously though, that glaze!)
Here’s a tip to easily grease and flour your bundt pan for this lemon pound cake: use a paper towel to smear 2-3 tbsp of vegetable shortening inside the pan, ensuring to get all of the nooks and crannies. Use 2-3 tbsp of flour, turn the pan on it’s side (preferably over the sink) and tap the sides of the pan to dust the entire surface. You want to take the extra time to do these steps well so that your moist lemon cake doesn’t stick to the bundt pan!
Lemon Pound Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (or lemon)
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar with a electric mixer.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and beat on medium-low for 10 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed (about 2 times).
- Pour the lemon cake batter in a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center of the pound cake comes out clean.
- For the glaze: combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour the glaze over the lemon bundt cake and top with grated lemon zest.
Find more of my favorite lemon recipes here:
I am a brand ambassador with Great Day Farms. My relationship with them may include compensation, coupons, or products for review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Originally published 2/21/14