I have a relationship with Bon Appetit and ALDI. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
About a year ago I had an opportunity to visit the ALDI test kitchen and take a tour of one of their Chicago stores. Since that trip, I have added ALDI in to my regular grocery store rotation. I love to pop in frequently for their special buys and new featured products, as well as to pick up my favorites. When I was challenged to prepare a delicious meal for four for under $10 I knew ALDI would come through with quality ingredients at affordable prices.
One of my favorite items to buy at ALDI is their cheese. They always have a huge selection- including everything from aged white sharp cheddar to brie and flavored goat cheeses. I knew I wanted my recipe to include one of their unbeatable cheeses, so I chose my other components from there. It was also my most expensive ingredient of the meal- a deliciously aromatic Parmigiano Reggiano from Italy. Their Specially Selected Parmigiano Reggiano is matured for fourteen months for a distinctive flavor and grainy texture.
I found a box of linguine pasta on sale for $0.49 and snatched it up; the price was perfect for my budget and I knew I could create a filling meal with it. I also found some Specially Selected Prosciutto Panino. Honestly, when I grabbed it I didn’t notice that it was mozzarella cheese wrapped in prosciutto… which probably tells you how often I cook with prosciutto. It ended up working out perfectly, instead of browning it with the garlic I opted to toss it in at the end; I still got the flavor I wanted from the prosciutto and the added cheesiness from the mozzarella.
Creamy Parmesan Prosciutto Pasta
- 1 lb Linguine pasta
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- 3 oz Prosciutto Mozzarella Panino chopped
- Cook pasta as directed on the package.
- While pasta is cooking, add minced garlic and 1 tbsp butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant.
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the grated Parmesan and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour the cream sauce over the cooked and drained pasta.
- Toss with chopped prosciutto.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram where I share my favorite #ALDIfinds. This past week included a refreshing sparkling lemonade and milk chocolate covered sea salt caramel almonds. So good!