I wasn’t even going to blog this recipe because, really, it’s summer. No one is thinking about chili. But as I took one bite of this taco chili tonight I knew I had to whip out my camera before the sun finished setting and share this. It’s a super easy make-ahead recipe that can be tossed in the freezer until you’re ready for it and then cooked in the crock pot!
I’m all about the crock pot this summer. 1) Who wants to turn on the oven during summer in Texas? And 2)
I’m lazy It’s SO easy! Add in the fact that this is a prep ahead freezer meal and I’m sold. You do have to invest the time upfront to brown the meat and all that, but I enlisted my husband to help me with that one night after we put the kids to bed. It was kinda fun spending time together (ALONE) cooking in the kitchen without the pressure of two hungry ankle biters asking when dinner was going to be ready.
We served this with cheese over corn chips, but it would also be yummy with rice or as tacos!
- 1 lb cooked ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 14oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 small can green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a freezer bag, stir well, and freeze until ready.
- Place in crock pot and cook on high for one hour.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese, cilantro, chopped green onions, corn chips, or your favorite toppings!