Breakfast Cheesecake

I love breakfast food, almost as much as I love dessert.  Although dessert for breakfast may be frowned upon, no one is going to judge you for this breakfast cheesecake.  It’s like the rich, creamy goodness of a cheesecake with the breakfast dignity of a danish.  And did I mention is SO easy to make?  Seriously, 5 ingredients + 30 minutes.

Breakfast Cheesecake- move over muffins, this stuff is amazing! #breakfast #recipeFlaky, golden brown but soft and creamy in the middle.  Perfect with some fruit on top (or dare I say powdered sugar? Chocolate syrup?).  This is best served warm from the oven, but it refrigerates and reheats really well.  Don’t microwave it for too long though, 15-20 seconds is all it needs.  This is one of those dishes that I end up eating the entire pan one-seemingly-harmless-spoonful at a time.

Breakfast Cheesecake

Cook time
Total time

Author:
Ingredients
  • 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 2 packages of crescent rolls
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Gently add in the egg yolk and vanilla.
  4. Place one tube of crescent rolls in the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan.
  5. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
  6. Add the second tube of crescent rolls.
  7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Notes
Try to keep the seams together, and don't worry if they don't completely touch the edges of the pan. It will puff up while baking. You can also use the new Pillsbury seamless crescent roll dough.

emily_grace

Share these Good Eats...Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponShare on Google+Email this to someone

Comments

1. says

Seriously?! Thats all you need to make this?! I think I have all that in my fridge now! I cant wait to try this Emily! Thanks for the recipe!

And Ill be featuring it at thebreakfasthub.com on July 16th! :)

2. Sherry Rollins says

Made this recipe today and my family absolutely loved this little dish. This one is a keeper. I will certainly be making this again.

3. Diana says

Here is a tip for everyone making these. I’ve had this recipe for several years, and Pillsbury makes a crescent sheet. It’s the crescent rolls without the perforations. They work much better than the rolls. Also, try substituting different extracts for the vanilla. A little cocoa powder will give a chocolate flavor, or add a few crushed pecans or walnuts sprinkled on the cheese layer. It also reheats in microwave nicely.

4. Stephanie Dodds says

This looks delicious. Do you think maybe adding some cherry preserves and making it cherry breakfast cheesecake would work? =)

• says

Stephanie- I definitely think that would work, even cherry pie filling would probably work. You could fold the fruit in with the cream cheese filling, or layer it on top of it. Yum!

5. Megan says

I have made these for years but never put the egg in always brushed on top of the top layer of crescents! Also have put chocolate chips and other different stuff in.

6. Amy S, says

I didn’t take the time to read all the comments to maybe this was mentioned. We often add a can of pie filling over cream cheese layer. Yum! Apple pie filling with a cinnamon-sugar mixture sprinkled over the top crescent layer is really good!

7. says

Hello, I have just come across your blog and I am loving it!! So glad that I have found you. I am so excited about the link up Thursdays. I am not sure how to do it but I still have a day to figure it out. Have a great day. Is this the Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars? I don’t use crescent rolls or puff pastry. I love the recipe though!
    Bea Long recently posted…Cannoli~ A La PistachioMy Profile

8. Michele says

I have made this a few time but, I added a can of cherry pie filling to the top before refridgersting once, blueberries snother time, and now I am waiting for one in the oven Inwill be topping with pineapple pie filling. Thix is eady and delicious thanks Emily.

9. jonnie rivera says

Used this basic reciepe with a couple of alterations… use maple flavoring and add a can of apples before the last layer ofcrescents. Delish!

10. robert firnhaber says

Why do I wish it was breakfast right now?! One sweet indulgent I have are toaster strudels. This looks like a flakier homemade version that you are forcing me to try for Superbowl Sunday.

11. says

Thanks for linking up to the Tip Me Tuesday linky party! {knuckle bumps} Did you know that I can “lend” your blog posts my Google page rank for better search engine traffic? {fabulous} If you upload at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL into your Tip Junkie craft room, you’ll be in business! {wink} ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}

12. Wanda says

I have a grandson who love cheese cake . He back in school. not much time to come to See is Grandmother. I we’ll get cream cheese keep on hand. Kaleb in marching band he is so sweet very good Grandson love him a lot. grand mother

Trackbacks