I love breakfast food, almost as much as I love dessert. Although dessert for breakfast may be frowned upon, no one is going to judge you for this breakfast cheesecake. It’s like the rich, creamy goodness of a cheesecake with the breakfast dignity of a danish. And did I mention is SO easy to make? Seriously, 5 ingredients + 30 minutes.
Flaky, golden brown but soft and creamy in the middle. Perfect with some fruit on top (or dare I say powdered sugar? Chocolate syrup?). This is best served warm from the oven, but it refrigerates and reheats really well. Don’t microwave it for too long though, 15-20 seconds is all it needs. This is one of those dishes that I end up eating the entire pan one-seemingly-harmless-spoonful at a time.
Watch me make this recipe here:
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages of crescent rolls
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gently add in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- Place one tube of crescent rolls in the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Add the second tube of crescent rolls.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.