These red, white, and blue Patriotic Popsicles are a refreshing summer treat. They’re also super festive and so easy to make- perfect for a hot July night enjoying fireworks!
Do you go all out for the 4th of July? We usually keep it pretty low key- maybe cook something yummy on the grill and then head off somewhere local to watch the fireworks. Our kiddos are still pretty young, so we are usually just content watching the show without participating. (Heck, some years we just watch it on TV rather than fight the crowds- ha!) Now that we’ve moved out to the country though, where it isn’t illegal to have fireworks, my oldest enjoys setting off a few with Dad.
These patriotic popsicles are so easy to make but will look festive at any Fourth of July celebration. Just mix your favorite flavors of red and blue Jell-O, add a yogurt center, freeze, and enjoy. A refreshing treat on a hot summer night watching the fireworks.
I’m all about simple when it comes to summertime treats- like my patriotic sugar cookies. Use ready-to-bake refrigerated dough and these come together in a snap. No icing skills required!
- 3 oz package of cherry (red) Jell-O
- 3 oz package of berry (blue) Jell-O
- 1 small container yogurt any flavor, just needs to be white
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Prepare the red layer: boil 1 cup of water and add the sugar and red Jello.
- Cook until dissolved, turn off heat.
- Add one cup cool water.
- Pour into popsicle mold and allow to freeze.
- Once the first layer is frozen or stiff set, add the layer of yogurt and the sticks. Allow to freeze.
- Prepare the blue layer exactly like the red. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before pouring into the mold. Allow to freeze.