Happy National Pie Day! You did know that was today right? Turns out I didn’t know until last night after Dorothy (aka Crazy for Crust) posted a picture of her yummy pie on Instagram. I love these randomly made up days, especially when it means we have a reason for pie.
So just like with my truffles, here I am raiding my pantry for ingredients at 10 o’clock at night. Baking at that hour is one thing, but no way am I venturing out to the store. I mean let’s be real, I stopped being outside-world-presentable a good 6 hours ago. My search comes up with a box of chocolate pudding that I was saving for some future cookies, a bag of Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies (husband= impulse shopper), and about 1/4 a bag of chocolate chips leftover from another goodie that I made earlier in the day.
I love to chop up cookies (exhibit A) (exhibit B) so of course that’s where my mind instantly went when I saw the bag of cookies. Truth be told I don’t prefer these cookies, I can only eat them with a HUGE glass of milk because otherwise I think they are just too dry. But!- that is exactly what I needed for the crust of this pie!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pudding Pie
- 2 cups chocolate chip cookies (about 25) crushed
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Whipped cream optional
- Crush the cookies in a food processor and add the melted butter.
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of a pie pan.
- Cover the crust with the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding as pie filling as directed on the box.
- Add the pudding into the crust and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream when ready to serve.