Raise your hand if you made a New Year’s Resolution? Ok, now keep them up if you are still going strong? I don’t usually make any, but we have made some goals to eat better this year. I quit soda Dec 20th and am happy to say I haven’t had a sip since! James is going to try to live a “Paleo” lifestyle and I am going to try to drink more water. The whole family is going to try to cut pre-packaged, processed foods.
We are starting small and using mini goals to help us meet our big goals. One mini goal is to get back in the habit of meal planning. The next step is to meal plan smarter- using shared ingredients to carry over between meals. After that I’d like to get to where I prep meals or make ahead one day a week.
These No Bake Cranberry Pistachio Energy Bites are a great snack to make ahead of time and keep on hand. Bella usually comes home hungry from school everyday, and inevitably looks to snack during meals on the weekends. I’ve struggled during the holiday break to keep her filled up on “better for you” snacks. I combined two of her favorites snacks- dried cranberries and pistachios and turned them into these fun bite size balls instead of a traditional granola bar. The great things about these is they can be so easily customized to whatever dried fruit or nuts you have on hand. Throw in some white chocolate chips if you’re feeling fancy.
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats (dry, not cooked)
- 1 cup shelled and chopped pistachios
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Dash of cinnamon
- ⅓ cup honey
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least one hour) before using a large cookie scoop to shape into balls.
- You can also line a small baking pan with parchment paper, press the mixture evenly into the pan, and then cut into bars.