This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. #sponsored #ad
A few days ago, James and Isabella went exploring in our new little town. They ended up stopping to visit with another firefighter, that he works with, that happens to live not too far from us. Our friend, Chris, handed James a dozen fresh eggs from his farm on his way out. We added them to the refrigerator… with the dozen I picked up from the store and the dozen that James’ parents had just given us. We’ve been joking that with everyone having chickens out here, you just start giving away dozens of eggs to random passersby.
We are hoping to get chickens ourselves in the near future, so I’ve been trying to come up with new egg recipes and ways to incorporate eggs. One of our favorites, of course, is simply eggs and bacon. I always have a slab of Wright® Brand Bacon from Kroger (found in the bacon/breakfast sausage refrigerator case) stocked in my fridge… right next to my many dozens of eggs, ha! We add bacon to everything from Creamy Potato Soup to Bacon Feta Pasta, or just alongside Pancakes.
I’m picky about my bacon, always looking for that perfect color, cut, and fat/meat ratio. My husband and oldest like it just cooked, where some pieces remain almost chewy, but I love mine as crispy as possible. Hickory Smoked, Applewood Smoked, and Smoked Brown Sugar are a few of our favorites, and it also comes in Bourbon Barrel Smoked and Oak Barrel Smoked. I choose Wright Brand Bacon because it’s high-quality, hand-selected, and hand-trimmed. It’s Bacon The Wright Way™ with the best cuts of premium meats, naturally smoked with wood chips, for a masterfully crafted richer bacon experience.
This Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Strata is like a delicious bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich in casserole form. It reheats nicely and can even be made ahead of time. (Prepare as directed below, except instead of baking, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours, then bake as directed.)
- 8 slices firm white bread
- 1 small can of diced green chiles
- 8 strips precooked Wright Brand Bacon, chopped
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained and patted dry
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat 2qt baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange half of the bread in a single layer in the dish, cutting to fit as needed.
- Cover with half of the green chilis, bacon, cheese and tomatoes.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for a second layer.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour egg mixture over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered,at 375 for 45 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Share your favorite recipes with bacon as the main ingredient and hashtag it #VoteWrightBrandBacon! And don’t forget to vote in the Wright Brand Bacon poll to let everyone know what your favorite flavor is! @WrightBacon