I’ve been M.I.A. from the blog lately. Turns out this pregnancy has been a little rough on me the first few weeks and looking at food or thinking about food or making food was not on my list of favorite things to do. Ironically though, EATING food has been about the only thing that makes me feel better. I’ve had zero energy and all day nausea which doesn’t really go well when you have a house full of people who like to eat. I’ve been relying on my slow cooker, and my sweet husband, a lot more lately to make dinner for me.
We made this Slow Cooker Shredded Taco Chicken a few weeks ago, and it did not disappoint! It was so flavorful and could easily be added to tacos (like we did) or enchiladas, salad, etc. It would even be yummy on nachos like my Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Nachos.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 8oz Zesty Italian dressing (We use Kraft)
- ½ tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing mix (We use Hidden Valley)
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- Mix the Ranch dressing mix with ½ cup of water.
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 5 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked. It should be fork tender.
- Shred with a fork and serve as desired.