Do you go all out for the 4th of July? We usually keep it pretty low key- maybe cook something yummy on the grill and head off somewhere local to watch the fireworks. Our kiddos are still pretty young, so we are content just watching the firework show and not participating.
These patriotic popsicles are so easy to make, but will look festive at any Fourth of July celebration! Just mix your favorite flavors of red and blue Jell-O, add a yogurt center, freeze, and enjoy! Perfect patriotic treat for a hot summer night watching the fireworks!
- 3 oz package of cherry (red) Jell-O
- 3 oz package of berry (blue) Jell-O
- 1 small container yogurt (any flavor, just needs to be white)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Prepare the red layer: boil 1 cup of water and add the sugar and red Jello.
- Cook until dissolved, turn off heat.
- Add one cup cool water.
- Pour into popsicle mold and allow to freeze.
- Once the first layer is frozen or stiff set, add the layer of yogurt and the sticks. Allow to freeze.
- Prepare the blue layer exactly like the red. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before pouring into the mold. Allow to freeze.