This post is sponsored by Bonne Maman, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
A few weeks ago I had a friend from high school, Katy, come by to pick my brain about blogging. She is starting a new blog (KatyOnTheRoad.com) after just finishing up her last project So You Think You Can France where she chronicled her year abroad traveling and teaching English in Southern France. It was a funny coincidence that she came over the same day I was working on this recipe with Bonne Maman- a leading, high quality brand of preserves produced in France using the finest French culinary tradition. We chatted about SEO and all things interwebs while snacking on these delicious vanilla bean scones slathered in strawberry preserves (and homemade strawberry butter…coming soon!)
Bonne Maman produces 16 varieties of preserves from the original Strawberry to the newest flavor, Mango-Peach Preserves (which would be amazing on my buttermilk drop biscuits or one bowl perfect muffins), plus 4 flavors of jelly, all of which are Non-GMO Project Verified. Not only do I love the taste, but I greatly appreciate that all of the Bonne Maman products are all-natural, no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial additives, and no preservatives added. Bonne Maman actually means “granny” or “grandmother” and everything in Bonne Maman Preserves could easily be found in grandma’s kitchen cabinet. Katy gave me a quick lesson on how to pronounce the name correctly. Just don’t ask me to repeat it. 🙂
Bonne Maman is currently hosting a sweepstakes to honor and celebrate moms by offering them a chance to win a $4,500 day off now through October 31, 2016. Everyone who enters the Share the Love sweepstakes will be able to download a $2 off coupon for their next Bonne Maman purchase. One grand-prize winner will win $4,500 from Bonne Maman to take a day off doing whatever she’d like. I can’t even imagine what I would do with an entire day (and just under $5k!) to do whatever I want. I can tell you what it would not involve: getting anyone more juice, making dinner, or finding lost shoes! Ha!
To enter the sweepstakes and for more details on the full terms and conditions of the sweepstakes, please visit Bonne Maman Mother’s Day Sweepstakes
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 5 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 whole large egg
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut cold butter into pats, then use a pastry cutter (or two knives) to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Mix vanilla bean paste with egg.
- Combine the egg mixture with flour mixture; stirring gently with a fork until it just comes together.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and lightly press it together until it forms a rough rectangle (Mixture will be pretty crumbly.)
- Roll the dough into a rectangle about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick. Use your hands to help with the forming if necessary.
- Trim into a symmetrical rectangle, then cut the rectangle into 12 symmetrical squares/ rectangles.
- Cut each square/ rectangle in half diagonally, to form two triangles.
- Transfer to a parchment or baking mat-lined cookie sheet and bake for 18 minutes, removing from the oven just before they start to turn golden.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.