This post is sponsored by Mirum Shopper. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
One of my girls can eat her weight in candy and the other has a hollow leg just for ice cream. I have the cutest pictures of her as a little one discovering the cold, creamy goodness for the first time. We decided to whip up a little treat to close out summer and combine their two loves- chocolate caramel turtle candy and vanilla ice cream.
This recipe is a super easy, no churn ice cream that uses our favorite Breyers vanilla variety. They have a ton of different flavors to choose from at Tom Thumb, we grabbed this lactose-free flavor so that James could enjoy it as well. (Love that they have lactose-free options that are still TASTY!)
I used a loaf pan to prepare my ice cream in- the same pan I use to make my Buttermilk Banana Bread– and my favorite caramel recipe- the same one I use for my Caramelized Pecan Brie. The best thing about this recipe is that it’s made with ingredients I always have on hand. It’s also really simple to pull together, but looks like you took a lot of extra effort to make dessert. It would be great for a party because you can make it ahead of time and throw it in the freezer until you’re ready!
Is there anything better than vanilla ice cream, fresh caramel, and rich chocolate syrup? Top it with whipped cream and cherries, or serve it Affogato style in a big mug of espresso.
- 1.5 quart carton of Breyers vanilla ice cream
- 4 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
For the caramel sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Combine the brown sugar, and butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir constantly until the butter is completely melted and mixture begins to soft boil.
- Allow to boil gently without stirring for one minute.
- Working quickly, remove from heat and immediately stir in salt and baking soda.
- After the caramel is prepared, scoop half of the carton of ice cream into a baking dish or loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Top the ice cream with chocolate syrup, pecans, and caramel sauce.
- Scoop the remaining ice cream into the dish, and repeat layering with all toppings.
- Place the dish back in the freezer for at least one hour before serving.
Stock up on all your favorite frozen treats at Tom Thumb! From May through September, purchase $20 worth of Unilever ice cream products at participating Safeway, Albertsons, VONS/Pavilions, Randalls, Jewel and Tom Thumb stores and submit your receipt(s) to receive a $5 reward. There’s up to $575,000 in rewards available! Visit this site to submit your receipts.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Ice Cream Rewards Begins 5/1/16 and ends 9/30/16. Unilever Ice Cream Sweepstakes 5/6/16 and ends 9/30/16. For complete Official Rules, visit IceCreamRewards.com.