This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I wouldn’t say that I’ve had many true “cravings” this pregnancy, but a few nights ago I was really wanting a big bowl of Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta. I love the bold variety of flavors and creamy, cheesy sauce. It’s one of the few times I stray from my favorite fettuccine alfredo at a restaurant. I didn’t feel like loading up all the kiddos and going out, so I decided to make it at home!
I recently discovered Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips at Walmart and knew they would be perfect for this meal. They’re a great solution for me when I don’t have a lot of time on busy weeknights, or when James is at the Fire Station and I don’t feel like firing up the grill. I love that they are fully cooked, already seasoned, and only take a few minutes to heat! I will definitely be stocking up before back-to-school hits and the kids’ schedules get crazy. We’ve enjoyed the slower pace of summer, but I know things are about to pick up which means dinner time becomes more hectic.
Another great thing about the Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips is the Tyson Project A+™ program. Through this program you can support your school just by clipping and collecting Tyson Project A+™ labels from Tyson® packages. For every label you submit, they give the school of your choice $0.24 cents and the school can then use that money for whatever it needs! I love programs like this that make the process really easy.
The flavors for this dish were spot on to what you get at the restaurant- for a fraction of the cost. Just don’t forget to serve it with a big, thick piece of Texas toast!
- 2 cups Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the chicken as directed on the package in a large skillet with 2 tbsp butter and the Cajun seasoning.
- While the chicken is heating and the pasta is finishing, add the 2 tbsp flour and remaining 2 tbsp butter to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Gradually add in the cream, stirring constantly.
- Add the Parmesan and seasonings.
- When the cream mixture begins to bubble, add the pasta and remove from heat stirring well.
- Top with chicken, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Serve with additional Cajun seasoning and Parmesan as desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson. The opinions and text are all mine.