This Browned-Butter Shortbread is crispy and full of flavor. Delicious with cream and fresh fruit or a rich cup of coffee! This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of De’Longhi. The opinions and text are all mine.
Ian and I have recently started going out for coffee after we drop the girls off at school. We drive one town over for a quick breakfast and, if he’s lucky, we get to see the train go through town. He gets an order of hash browns and I get a yummy vanilla latte. As much as I love this new little routine, it is starting to take a toll on my budget! When De’Longhi asked to partner with me and send me their Lattissima One machine, I was very excited to attempt making my beloved lattes at home.
De’Longhi develops kitchen appliances with passion, inspired by Italian cuisine heritage and family values, and offers a complete range of innovative and easy to use, automatic and manual espresso, cappuccino and coffee machines. Their goal is to enable anyone to prepare and savor a perfect cup of coffee with a simple touch of a button, without ever leaving the comfort of home: One capsule. One touch. One perfect latte. Only by De’Longhi.
De’Longhi has created the Lattissima One in partnership with Nespresso, featuring a compact premium design that is compatible with Nespresso pods. You can now discover Grand Cru espressos, cappuccinos, coffees, and lattes in capsule convenience at home using one-touch, single serve espresso machine.
What a wonderful gift idea this would be- to gift someone the ability to make delicious coffee creations at home. It’s so easy that I think even my little ones could prepare a cup for me (with Dad’s supervision haha). Mother’s Day is right around the corner, after all! Right now you can get 25% Off Nespresso/Lattissima products from 5/4-5/14!
The De’Longhi Nespresso Lattissima One enables you to indulge yourself with top-quality Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato in the comfort of your home. It features easy insertion, automatic piercing, and brewing of capsules.
Its new and innovative fresh milk system takes simplicity to the next level when it comes to recipe preparation or cleaning. An automatic frother creates rich, long-lasting, creamy foam. The removable milk container has a rinsing function and is dishwasher safe. The 19-BAR HIGH PRESSURE PUMP ensures fast heat-up (in less than 40 seconds for milk-based recipes). I was surprised how quickly it was ready to use!
Another perk of preparing my coffee at home is that I can choose whatever I want to pair with it. These One Bowl Muffins are a breakfast regular, but you really can’t beat a dense, buttery cookie. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are one of my absolute favorites, but lately I’ve been on a shortbread kick.
These Browned-Butter Shortbread Cookies are the perfect accompaniment to my morning latte. I love the texture (a mix between a biscotti and a cookie) and the nutty flavor that comes out when you brown the butter. These cookies are not overly sweet and are delicious when dunked!
- 3/4 cup butter divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt 6 tbsp butter over low heat in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook the butter about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until solids at the bottom of the pan are a rich brown color.
- Pour the browned-butter in a small bowl and refrigerate until almost firm- about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat sugar, cooled browned-butter, and remaining 6 tbsp softened butter at medium speed until fluffy.
- Mix flour and salt into creamed butter mixture by hand just until crumbs form.
- Gently pat the shortbread crumbs into the bottom of an ungreased 9in round tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake shortbread 40-45 minutes, or until browned around the edge.
- Allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the side of the pan and transfer the shortbread to a cutting board or flat surface.
- Cut the shortbread into 12 wedges while still warm to prevent cracking.
- Cool the wedges completely on a wire rack.
I have been thoroughly enjoying my De’Longhi Lattissima One. To share the love, De’Longhi and I want to give you the chance to try it out yourself – it’s the perfect Mother’s Day gift!
To be entered to win, complete the following:
- Follow both @delonghi.na and @GraceGoodEats on Instagram
- Like my Instagram post announcing the giveaway
- Tag five (5) friends in the comments section of the Instagram post
Note: Only one entry per person. There will only be one winner from my blog. De’Longhi will be choosing the winner of the giveaway.