This Sweet Potato Rice Casserole is a delicious take on an old classic. Creamy, sweet, and easily doubles! It’s an easy side dish that is perfect for holiday get-togethers.
This past week I had an opportunity to host a “Friendsgiving” party with some local friends and bloggers. We shared favorites like ham and pecan pie, and also sampled some new recipes all featuring Minute® Rice.
Minute® Rice is a staple in our household. The girls and I love to have it for breakfast with Cinnamon Toast. I love that it’s so easy to prepare- we can have great-tasting, fluffy white rice in just 5 minutes- which is perfect for busy mornings before school. Prior to making this Sweet Potato Rice Casserole I had never considered cooking rice in a fruit juice, but it adds a totally new flavor element to the dish. It would be delicious prepared with apple juice, brown sugar, and walnuts or pecans for breakfast! If you like the nutty, rich flavor of brown rice, Minute® 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice is a delicious, nutritious option, as it has similar nutritional values as regular long cooking brown rice, but is ready in just 10 minutes.
Minute® Multi-Grain Medley is the newest product from Minute® Rice. It’s a blend of four gluten-free, 100% whole grains, including long grain brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice, and quinoa. Minute® Multi-Grain Medley is a perfect way to introduce new grains to your families’ diets and it conveniently cooks in 10 minutes. We tried it at our Friendsgiving in a Pineapple Cranberry Holiday Salad. Pineapple tidbits, whole berry cranberry sauce, crunchy fresh celery, and toasted pecan pieces. I can’t wait to try adding it to my favorite Chicken and Rice recipe.
One way we all agreed on when discussing our favorite ways to use rice is pairing it with some leftover ingredients- like rotisserie chicken (or turkey, maybe?) and veggies- or other fridge and pantry staples to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal. I loved the texture it added to this Thanksgiving classic.
- 8oz can crushed pineapple in natural juice, drain and reserve juice
- 1 cup Minute® White Rice, uncooked
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 5oz evaoprated milk
- 15oz can sweet potatoes, drained
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Measure reserved pineapple juice and add enough water to make 1 cup liquid.
- Prepare rice according to package directions (using 1 cup uncooked rice and 1 cup liquid).
- Combine pineapple, cooked rice, egg, milk, sweet potatoes, and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well.
- Spread mixture into a 2qt baking dish and top with marshmallows.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until marshmallows begin to brown.
Visit minuterice.com for over 400 recipe ideas, great for any day of the week and any time of the day, and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products. You can also join The Recipe Club® for recipe ideas and special offers from Minute® Rice straight sent to your inbox.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.