Yesterday I made and photographed three new recipes to share here. I was trying to be productive while Bella was at school, and for two of the recipes Sophia was awake. She has been my little shadow lately, and wanted to be by my side during every move while photographing. She did a great job not touching anything, but after every shot she would say “I see! I see!” and wait for me to show her the picture on the back of my camera. It was really cute, but after 50 pictures, I was ready for my little assistant/ food blogger in training to take a nap! 🙂
I’m a huge fan of breakfast– all day, every day. These Spicy Sausage Breakfast Pinwheels are a play on a traditional sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich. Breakfast sandwiches are great in the morning because they are so easy to transport and hold, but these pinwheels are like the ultimate definition of grab & go. Perfect to tuck inside a lunchbox as well!
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
- 8 oz Hot or spicy breakfast sausage
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp green onions, diced
- Cook the sausage as directed, drain and set aside.
- Gently unroll the Crescent Rounds dough onto a flat surface.
- Brush eggs across the dough and top with cooked sausage, cheese, and green onions.
- Roll the dough back up into a long tube shape and press along the seam.
- Carefully separate each round and place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Are you a breakfast first thing in the morning type person? Do you like breakfast for dinner?
If you like this recipe, check out my: