This is one of our favorite week night meals. It takes less than 10 minutes to prep and cook, and doesn’t require turning on the oven! The hardest part about making this dish is keeping an eye on my kiddo to make sure she doesn’t eat all of the tomatoes before they make it in the bowl.
I could live off of pasta and cheese (and wine and chocolate), but sometimes my husband needs a little protein. If he’s feeling extra hungry, we grill up some chicken and toss it in with the pasta- delicious and super easy. The tortellini alone is very filling, but without a heavy sauce like most pasta dishes.
- 20 oz package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, but reserve ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Combine the cooking liquid, oil, garlic, salt, and red pepper in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes or until mixture slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat; stir in cooked pasta and tomatoes, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.