I’m hosting an Essential Oils party at my house this weekend and I’ve been trying to think of small bites and easy appetizers to serve. It’s starting to warm up here in Texas (finally!) and I’m beyond ready for summer flavors, like my Strawberry Bread and Lemon Bars. I wanted to serve some savory options as well, and these small, colorful snacking tomatoes were just begging to be used.
I’m all about making life easier, especially when it comes to prepping before parties. I found this Mezzetta Everything Spread on the condiments aisle and thought it would be perfect for bruschetta! Instead of taking the time to toast and mince my own garlic, this Mezzetta Savory Garlic spread does the trick! This versatile spread will be handy to have in the ‘fridge to instantly add flavor to a variety of meals on busy weeknights as well. Just mix it, toss it, blend it, stir it, spread it, top it, or dip it!
Mezzetta Everything Spread is now available in four mouthwatering flavors, Garlic & Parmesan, Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil, Hot Chili Pepper, and Olive, Garlic & Parmesan. To find a store location near you or for more recipes visit Mezzetta.
- 1 jar Mezzetta Savory Garlic Everything Spread
- 1 pint Red Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
- 1 pint Yellow Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 16 whole Basil Leaves (chiffonade)
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 1 whole Baguette
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
- Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl.
- Toss gently to coat, cover, and set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Cut the baguette into diagonal slices.
- Melt half of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and toast both sides of half of the baguette.
- Repeat with the remaining butter and baguette.
- When ready to serve, spread about 1 teaspoon of Everything Spread on each piece of bread.
- Top each slice with a generous spoonful of the tomato basil mixture.
Enter to win a Gift Basket from Mezzetta- Visit this link and comment below with which Everything Spread you are most excited to try. (Giveaway ends 4/7/15, US residents only). You can also get a second chance to win by visiting Mezzetta and taking a short survey.