1. Isabella goes back to school two weeks from today. Can I get an “amen”? I know she is so excited to go back. Because we moved between her kindergarten and first grade years, this will be her first time returning to the same school after summer. I can’t wait for her to realize that she will see the same friends from last year, and probably have many of them in her class again.
2. Speaking of back to school, it was tax-free weekend here in Texas this past weekend and I braved a few stores for some of the awesome deals. The girls both picked out a pair of new shoes. Sophia was totally predictable and picked out an adorable pair of pink Converse. Isabella was also totally predictable and picked out a pair she knew I would not like at all. She and I are having some style disagreements lately, but alas, I let her choose the pair she wanted.
3. I’m so ready for Fall TV programs to return. I’ve even resorted to watching Deadliest Catch with my husband because there’s nothing else on. I did also get sucked into Botched on E. I pretty much watch the entire show through my fingers, but man, I can’t look away!
4. A few weeks ago I made a trip out to Stonebriar Centre Mall in Frisco to visit the LiftTOUR. I was able to get fitted and donate a bra with some encouraging words to a woman in need. I chose the Vanity Fair Next to Nude bra and it has quickly become my new favorite! The partnership between Vanity Fair and Dress for Success is a product of Vanity Fair’s recent “Women Who Do™” initiative – a powerfully uplifting campaign that aims to create a movement where women always feel supported and lifted in their daily lives.
5. I’ve been hard at work on my office makeover this past week. I’ve made not one, but TWO, trips to IKEA. The first time they were out of the bookcases I needed, so I had to go back two days later when they received in the shipment. Which means I drove an hour both ways, with both girls, and loaded up 155lbs of shelves all by myself. I am literally bruised from head to toe after trying to muscle those awkward boxes into the back of my car.
6. During our first trip to IKEA, we picked up some adorable felt food for the girls’ play room. I made the switch to all felt food when we did the play room makeover last year and threw away all of the cheap plastic junk. Seriously one of the best parenting decisions I’ve ever made. I am in love with the cupcakes and Velcro slice cheese.
7. Do you link up at Pin It Thursday? Check out last week’s Pin It Thursday post and find out how to win a $25 Target gift card!
8. I posted last Friday about my love for StitchFix, but I also have a new obsession: Fabletics. I’ve pretty much accepted the fact that I live in workout clothes about 80% of the time, so I decided it’s time to start investing in some quality pieces. I love, love, love Fabletics. It’s a monthly service, similar to StitchFix, but instead of having to remember to send back the unwanted pieces, you can just skip that month’s outfits all online. For my first order I received a pair of camo capris, a black tank, and a turquoise sports bra all for $25. Each month after that is just $49 for a three piece outfit.
9. James took a day off last week and we decided to take the girls to the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing. It was really neat to see how it all works, especially because it’s one of only two places in the U.S. where they print money (the other being Washington D.C.). There were some exhibits and historic pieces to look at, and a self-guided listening tour through the facility. You aren’t allowed to take any cameras or cell phones inside, so I don’t have any pictures to share. It was free, and air conditioned, but I think 7 years old might have been a little young to really grasp what was going on enough to care (hello, they are PRINTING money!).
10. I’m currently searching for outside of the sandwich lunchbox ideas… share your favs with me! And be sure to follow my Pinterest board dedicated to all things back-to-school lunch: