This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Citrus Lane.
My 15mo old HATES taking a bath. I don’t mean she protests it until she gets in and then she calms down and enjoys it. I mean all out scream fest while trying to claw her way out of the tub like a cat. She has been this way from the very beginning. We spent the entire summer trying to get her to enjoy the pool. The last week the pools were open, she finally got in up to her shoulders FULLY clothed.
I researched reasons why she might hate the bath (or water). Ways to help her ease into the idea of it. Recommendations on how to make bath time fun. For many toddlers it’s a phase that passes while they are learning to assert their independence. Here are some of the best tips and tricks I found for ways to help make bath time more enjoyable:
- Try to get your kiddo comfortable with just being in the tub. Fully clothed, no water, maybe with some toys… just to get used to the idea that it’s not a scary place.
- Use a rubber bath mat inside the tub to make it less slippery- especially for toddlers that are standing/starting to become mobile.
- Avoid bubbles- I know they are fun, but they’ve been proven to cause bladder inflammation (a problem we experienced first hand with my oldest). If you must use bubbles be sure to rinse off thoroughly afterwards!
- Rotate in new toys. My toddler is just starting to really get into the idea of taking care of her babies and animals… explain to them that their doll needs a bath and ask them to help.
When we received our box of goodies this month from Citrus Lane I was excited to see a few new bath items that we could try! Citrus Lane is a fun monthly subscription service geared toward parents with newborns to kids age 5 that includes toys, books, snacks and personal care products. With a subscription, you’ll receive a signature Citrus Lane box each month with four or more products selected especially for the age and stage of your child.
This month we received:
- Hand Cage Bell from Green Tones
- Dive Bath Appliques from Boon
- Playful Wash from Episencial
- Little Yums from Plum Organics
- Babybug Magazine Digital Subscription from Cricket Magazine Group
I love that these are all full size products! Sophia loved opening the box to see all of the goodies:
The Hand Cage Bell is perfect for Sophia. She LOVES music and is always dancing. She would only put it down long enough to investigate the Little Yums snack. If there’s anything that kid likes as much as music, it’s eating ha-ha. The Little Yums dissolve easily, but are great for encouraging self-feeding. Made of buckwheat, kale, apple, and spinach- and great for teething! Sophia is working on four big teeth right now and was all about these.
I’m really excited to try the Dive Bath Appliques and Playful Wash to see if they help our bath time troubles! I love that with Citrus Lane I get an opportunity to discover new parenting solutions and trusted brands–all delivered right to my door! Citrus Lane also recently launched the Citrus Lane Shop- which is stocked with the most popular Citrus Lane products. Parents can choose from the very best products by looking at over a million recommendations provided by the Citrus Lane community.
If you’re interested in learning more about Citrus Lane be sure to check them out here. I’m also giving away a $25 voucher to the Citrus Lane Shop! It’s super easy to enter, just:
- Leave a comment stating what you would purchase from the Citrus Lane Shop if you won this voucher.
- Tweet about this giveaway using the hashtag, #CitrusLane, and leave the URL to the tweet in the comments. Here is an example tweet for you to copy and paste:
” I would love to #win this #CitrusLane #giveaway from @SweetBellaRoos http://bit.ly/1c1qS5D “
- Share this giveaway on Facebook using the hashtag, #CitrusLane, and leave the URL to the share in the comments.
Giveaway ends December 9th. Winner must be 18 years and older and resident of the continental U.S. Winner will be selected via random.org on December 9th. Winner has 48 hours to respond after email notification or a new winner will be selected.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Citrus Lane. New customers who purchase a subscription will receive $10.00 off their first month with code BLOGPOST. Expires 12/31/2013.
Offer Terms: Discount may only be applied to subscriptions purchased by new Citrus Lane customers. It cannot be applied to gift subscriptions. Subscriptions automatically renew to full retail price, $25 per month. You may cancel anytime.
For more information, visit http://www.citruslane.com.